- Marpa Network
- News and Events
You are here
Zabsang Shedrub Teachers Committee consists of seven teachers; Eric, Gary, Jade, Kevin, Rachel, Steve, and Wendy. In 2006, we were all assigned a position to lead and teach Zabsang Shedrub students by Khenpo Rinpoche.
All of us are students of Khenpo Rinpoche. Three took refuge in 1998, and four, in 1999. The links between us are very strong. Even before we became Rinpoche’s students, we had long been acquainted with each other.
The Teachers Committee serves to fulfill Khenpo Rinpoche’s vision for Zabsang Shedrub. We endeavor to enhance students’ connections with our guru by passing down the precious teachings we have received from Khenpo Rinpoche. We also work to create and ensure a healthy environment for students to study and practice.
Besides our common work in the sangha, among us, three are musicians – Gary, Eric, and Kevin; two are translators – Rachel and Wendy; Jade is a choreographer, and Steve is a CEO.
Following Khenpo Rinpoche’s intention, the Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche has arranged the current curriculum of Zabsang Shedrub, which encompasses four series of study & practice.
4 Study and Practice Series:
1. Introduction to Buddhism Series
2. Hinayana Series
3. Mahayana Series
4. Vajrayana Series
Status of Classes:
1. Introduction Series : 1 class, 30 students
2. Hinayana Series : 2 classes, 60 students
3. Mahayana Series : 1 class, 20 students
4. Vajrayana Series : 2 classes, 70 students
We meet on a regular base:
- Every class meets individually once a week, from 7 – 10 p.m. The 3-hour program includes : 30-minute preliminary, 1-hour study, 1-hour practice, and 30-minute conclusion.
- The whole sangha meets once a month to continually receive Khenpo Rinpoche’s phone teachings. On that day, we also study subjects which are important and suitable for all, and do practices like Tara in a big group.
- We divide one year into four semesters. In three months, when one semester comes to an end, students are advised to review what they have learned, and are given an evaluation in an easy and interesting way.
Sources of Teaching Materials :
- From Khenpo Rinpoche : KTGR’s various commentaries on The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva, The King of Aspiration Prayers, Lujong, and The Songs of Milarepa, KTGR’s books, eg. The Progressive Stages of Meditation on Emptiness, The Sun of Wisdom and Two Truths and KTGR’s profound songs.
- From Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche : Nalanda Bodhi Series, eg. Introduction Series, Hinayana Series, DPR’s teachings on Shamata, and DPR’s talks on The Treasury of Knowledge.
- From masters of the lineage : The Stories of Milarepa, Old Path White Clouds by Thich Nhat Hanh, Words of My Perfect Teacher by Patrul Rinpoche, Selected Songs of Gotsanpa, Creation and Completion by Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, HH the 17th Karmapa’s teachings on Ngondro , Bodhisattvacaryavatara by Shantideva.